Hair Transplant Using Shedded Hair?July 14th, 2008
Q: Can a hair transplant be done using the hair which has fallen out?
A: A hair transplant is really a misnomer, since it is the follicle (or root) that is transplanted not the hair itself – although the transplanted follicle usually contains a hair.
Hair, like fingernails, are dead and cannot grow once detached from the root.Related Posts:
- Can a Hair Transplant Treat an African-American Woman with Scarring Alopecia?
- How Many Hair Transplants Will I Need?
- Can A Hair Transplant Completely Replace My Lost Hair?
- Can A Hair Transplant Damage Existing Hair Follicles In A Thinning Area?
- How Experienced Are Bernstein Medical Hair Restoration Technicians?
Topic: Hair Transplant
Tags: Hair Follicle, Hair Root, Shedding Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on July 14th, 2008 at 8:49 am
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.