Can Resistance Training Accelerate Hair Loss?January 26th, 2016
Q: I have read several articles on the internet which suggest that resistance training can accelerate male pattern baldness. Is there any truth in this?
A: Anything that raises androgen levels in your body can potentially accelerate hair loss. That said, I suggest that you should exercise as you normally would. As long as you don’t take drugs to enhance your workout, the effects should be minimal.
- Why Am I Still Losing Hair (Shedding) After 6 Months on Minoxidil And Finasteride?
- What is the Incidence of Hair Loss in Adults?
- What is Lichen planopilaris?
- What is the Origin of the Term DUPA?
- Does Sebum Cause Hair Loss By Blocking Pores On Scalp?
Topic: Hair Loss
Tags: Androgens, Causes of Hair Loss, Exercise & Balding, Male Pattern Baldness, Resistance Training, Weight Lifting Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on January 26th, 2016 at 5:39 pm