Can I Have Platelet Rich Plasma Therapy Instead of Hair Transplant Surgery?June 11th, 2015
A: PRP will generally be inadequate for patients who are candidates for a hair transplant. PRP works to reverse miniaturization (thinning hair) as do other medical treatments (Propecia, Rogaine, LLLT). Unfortunately, medical treatments do not grow hair back once it has been lost.
- How are PRP Treatments Different at Bernstein Medical?
- Can I Have PRP During a Hair Transplant?
- What is Platelet-Rich Plasma (PRP) and How Does It Promote Hair Growth?
- Which Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) System Do You Use?
- Does Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP) Therapy For Hair Loss Involve Surgery?
Topic: Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP)
Tags: Hair Loss Medication, Platelet Rich Plasma (PRP), PRP Efficacy, PRP Instead of Hair Transplant, PRP Therapy, PRP to Treat Hair Loss Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on June 11th, 2015 at 4:31 pm