Instead of Hair Transplant, Can You Treat Early Hair Loss with Once a Day Minoxidil?November 3rd, 2006
Q: I have some early thinning in my crown and the doctor said I am too early for a hair transplant. I don’t want to take Propecia, but using Rogaine twice a day is a big nuisance. Can I use Rogaine once a day?
A: The tissue half-life of minoxidil is 22 hours.
This means that 22 hours after it is applied, about 1/2 of the compound is still bound to the skin and exerting some effect. Because of this, once a day dosing is probably OK.
Please note that this is hypothetical and that there have been no controlled studies to confirm this.Related Posts:
- Is the Dose of Finasteride the Same for Everyone?
- Does Propecia Work in Older Patients?
- Does Propecia Work for Life or Does it Stop Working Over Time?
- Is Propecia and/or Rogaine Mandatory after a Hair Transplant?
- Do Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil) Work on Front of the Scalp?
Topic: Drugs (Medications)
Tags: Crown, Early Hair Loss, Propecia (Finasteride), Rogaine (Minoxidil), Thinning Hair Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on November 3rd, 2006 at 11:20 am