How Did Follicular Unit Transplantation and Follicular Unit Extraction Get Their Names?January 11th, 2006
A: The first paper on Follicular Unit Hair Transplantation was published by Dr. Bernstein and Rassman in 1995 in the International Journal of Aesthetic and Restorative Surgery. The title of the paper used the abbreviated name Follicular Transplantation. The longer name “Follicular Unit Transplantation” was formalized by Bernstein et. al. in the paper “Standardizing the classification and description of follicular unit transplantation and mini-micrografting techniques.” This paper appeared in Dermatologic Surgery in 1998.
Follicular Unit Extraction derived its name from Rassman and Bernstein’s publication “Follicular Unit Extraction: Minimally invasive surgery for hair transplantation” that appeared in Dermatologic Surgery in 2002.
- Is FUE or FUT Better for an MMA Fighter?
- What Is Your Opinion on Doctors Performing Only FUT or Only FUE?
- If I Was Told That I Am Not A Good Candidate For An FUT Procedure Can I Have FUE?
- Why Recommend FUT Not FUE If I Have No Linear Scar?
- Why FUT Hair Transplant For One Person, FUE For Another?
Topic: FUE vs FUT
Tags: Dermatologic Surgery, Follicular Unit Extraction, Follicular Unit Transplant, Hair Restoration Surgery, Hair Transplant Medical Publications, International Journal of Aesthetic and Restorative Surgery Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on January 11th, 2006 at 8:41 am
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.