Will Multiple Hair Transplant Procedures Improve Hair Density?July 28th, 2012
Q: I was told that I have low hair density in the donor area. Will multiple hair transplant procedures improve the results of my hair restoration? — J.G., Hoboken, NJ
A: Yes, but subsequent procedures would be smaller and there is a point of diminishing returns where additional procedures would yield so little hair that they would not be practical. There is a finite donor supply and once this is tapped, no more hair transplants are possible, regardless if one uses FUT or FUE.Related Posts:
- Can I Have a Hair Transplant if I Have a Scar in My Donor Area? If So, Which Do You Recommend, FUT or FUE?
- Do You Perform Hair Transplants With Body Or Leg Hair?
- Does Strip Harvesting In Hair Transplant Make Donor Area Smaller?
- How Big is the Donor Strip in an FUT Hair Transplant?
- Why Should Hair Transplant Doctor Measure Miniaturization in Donor Area Before Transplant?
Topic: Donor Area
Tags: Donor Area Thinning, Donor Hair Density, Donor Hair Harvesting, Donor Hair Supply, Finite Donor Supply, FUE, FUT, Graft Yield, Hair Density, Multiple Hair Transplant Sessions Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on July 28th, 2012 at 10:50 am
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.