Does Minoxidil Improve Graft Survival After a Hair Transplant?August 17th, 2016
Q: Does minoxidil play any role in the survival of the grafts after a Neograft/FUE procedure?
A: When a doctor performs a hair transplant, the hair should be taken from the permanent zone so, by definition, that hair is not affected by medication (i.e. does not need to be maintained by either minoxidil or finasteride). If the doctors using Neograft are suggesting that minoxidil increases survival, then they are probably harvesting hair outside the permanent zone. To clarify, I use the ARTAS robotic system for our FUE procedures, not Neograft, as the former is a far more accurate device for harvesting.Related Posts:
- After Hair Transplant What Is Normal Growth Cycle of Hair?
- When Will I See Full Results Of Hair Transplant?
- When Will Newly Transplanted Hair Start To Grow?
- After a Hair Transplant What are the Effects of DHT on Donor Hair?
- Can I Tell if a Hair Transplant is Successful After Five Months?
Topic: Growth After Transplant
Tags: ARTAS Robot for FUE, Graft Survival During Hair Transplant, Growth After Hair Transplant, Propecia (Finasteride), Propecia After Hair Transplant, Rogaine (Minoxidil), Rogaine After Hair Transplant Posted on August 17th, 2016 at 2:06 pm
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.