Is it Possible to Lose Hair Transplant Grafts Without Bleeding?April 5th, 2007
Q: Five days after my hair transplant I shampooed, rubbing the transplanted area vigorously using my finger tips and all the scabs fell off. Is it possible I have dislodged some of the grafts even though they didn’t bleed? If there was no bleeding, is it enough to assume all the new transplanted follicles stayed in place??
A: At five days after a hair transplant the grafts are pretty secure, but still can be dislodged.
However, if there was no bleeding, it is unlikely that you lost any grafts.Related Posts:
- If There is Some Bleeding at the Graft Site, Will it Affect Growth?
- Can Pulling Out Transplanted Hair Effect Growth After Hair Transplant?
- How Can I Make a Hair Transplant Less Obvious Post-op?
- Is it Normal to be Shedding Three Months After a Hair Transplant?
- After Hair Transplant, Can I Sleep Normally?
Tags: Graft Dislodgement, Graft Dislodgement After Hair Transplant, Post-op, Scabbing, Scalp Bleeding, Shampoo After Hair Transplant Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on April 5th, 2007 at 10:41 am