Can I Tell if a Hair Transplant is Successful After Five Months?July 5th, 2007
Q: It had been 5 months since my hair transplant. I only see minimal growth of maybe a few hundred fine hairs. My transplant consisted of 2,217 grafts. Could you give me your opinion if this is normal or is it a failed hair transplant?
A: It is too early to tell. Hair grows in very gradually with great variability from person to person.
Some patients only have a little fuzz at five months and then have great growth by one year.
You really need to wait the full 12 months to evaluate the success of the hair restoration.Related Posts:
- Does Minoxidil Improve Graft Survival After a Hair Transplant?
- After Hair Transplant What Is Normal Growth Cycle of Hair?
- When Will I See Full Results Of Hair Transplant?
- When Will Newly Transplanted Hair Start To Grow?
- After a Hair Transplant What are the Effects of DHT on Donor Hair?
Topic: Growth After Transplant
Tags: Appearance After Hair Transplant, Hair Transplant Growth, One-year Follow-up Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on July 5th, 2007 at 12:47 pm
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.