Can Hair Transplant Grow Hair Over Scar From Injury?September 15th, 2005
Q: I have a scar on the top of my head the size of a quarter from an old injury. I would like hair to grow back on the bald spot. Can a hair transplant re-grow hair on the spot and not have any scar on my head at all?
A: Traumatic scars are readily treated with follicular unit hair transplantation. The hair generally grows quite well in scar tissue as long as the scar is not thickened (hypertrophic). Several sessions are usually required. Although the hair restoration can make the bald area undetectable, the underlying scar tissue will still be there.
- Can Hair Transplant Into Scar Use Cloned Hair?
- Can Hair Transplant Repair a Scar from Scalp Reduction Surgery?
- Can Hair Transplant Correct Hair Loss From Facelift?
- Will Hair Transplant Grafts Grow in Scar Tissue on Scalp?
- Can Hair Transplant be Performed on Scar Tissue from Prior Surgery?
Topic: Hair Transplant into Scar
Tags: Bald Patch, Follicular Unit Transplant, Hypertrophic, Injury, Scar Tissue, Traumatic Scar Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on September 15th, 2005 at 2:38 pm