What is Hair Transplant Graft Depth and How Long After Transplant can Grafts be Dislodged?February 27th, 2009
Q: How far into the scalp are the grafts placed and is the follicle far enough into the scalp that it will not be damaged? I have heard that the critical time to not touch your scalp is the first 2-3 weeks after the procedure.
A: The growth part of the follicle is 3-4mm into the scalp. Grafts can be dislodged the first 10 days, so you need to be careful not to scrub your scalp during this period. After that, the grafts are permanent. At 2-3 weeks they can’t be dislodged, even by vigorous scrubbing.Related Posts:
- Can a Hair Transplant Treat an African-American Woman with Scarring Alopecia?
- How Many Hair Transplants Will I Need?
- Can A Hair Transplant Completely Replace My Lost Hair?
- Can A Hair Transplant Damage Existing Hair Follicles In A Thinning Area?
- How Experienced Are Bernstein Medical Hair Restoration Technicians?
Topic: Hair Transplant
Tags: Graft Depth, Graft Dislodgement, Graft Dislodgement After Hair Transplant, Hair Follicle, Hair Follicle Growth Center, Post-op Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on February 27th, 2009 at 4:52 am
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.