Will Hair Transplant Grafts Grow in Scar Tissue on Scalp?December 6th, 2005
Q: Can hair transplants grow in scars?
A: Grafts will grow in scar tissue as long as the scar is not thickened. However, they cannot be placed as close together as in normal scalp because of decreased blood flow. When performing a hair transplant into scar tissue, it is often necessary to perform the hair restoration in multiple sessions to allow the area to gradually re-vascularize (allow the blood supply to return).Related Posts:
- Can You Transplant Cloned Hair Into a Scar?
- Can a Hair Transplant Repair Scarring from Scalp Reduction Surgery?
- Can Hair Transplantation Correct Hair Loss From a Facelift?
- Can Hair be Transplanted into Scar Tissue from a Prior Transplant?
- Can a Hair Transplant Grow Hair Over a Scar From an Injury?
Topic: Hair Transplant into Scar
Tags: Blood Supply in Scar Tissue, Multiple Hair Transplant Sessions, Scar Tissue Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on December 6th, 2005 at 10:54 am