Does Scalp Med Prevent Hair Loss By Unclogging Pores?June 16th, 2011
Q: Scalp Med is supposed to unclog pores. How does this prevent hair loss? — O.P., Trenton, NJ
A: The active ingredient of Scalp Med is Minoxidil, which will help reverse miniaturization, the process that causes androgenetic hair loss. Hair loss is not caused by clogged pores, so unclogging them will not prevent going bald. Minoxidil, which is also the active ingredient in Rogaine, is over-the-counter so it is a less expensive way to use the active ingredient.Related Posts:
- Can Andro Gel Cause Hair Loss?
- Can Nioxin Be Used With Propecia Hair Loss Medication?
- Can I Use Toppik if I Had a Hair Transplant?
- Can Kevis Products Prevent Hair Loss?
- What is Toppik Made From?
Topic: Hair Products
Tags: Genetic Hair Loss, Miniaturization, Prevent Hair Loss, Rogaine (Minoxidil), ScalpMed Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on June 16th, 2011 at 3:24 pm