Does Body Hair Transplant Leave Scarring?November 15th, 2010
Q: I heard that it is possible to transplant body hair to the scalp. Does it leave any scarring? — V.P., Cherry Hill, NJ
A: Unfortunately, it does leave scarring. And since the hair is generally of poor quality, it is usually not worth the trade-off. Below is the typical scarring seen in a BHT procedure. Click the image for a larger version:
Scarring with body hair transplant
(note circular white scars on the person’s chest)
- Can a Hair Transplant Treat an African-American Woman with Scarring Alopecia?
- How Many Hair Transplants Will I Need?
- Can A Hair Transplant Completely Replace My Lost Hair?
- Can A Hair Transplant Damage Existing Hair Follicles In A Thinning Area?
- How Experienced Are Bernstein Medical Hair Restoration Technicians?
Topic: Hair Transplant
Tags: BHT Procedure, Body Hair, Body Hair Transplant, Body Hair Transplant Scarring, Scarring Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on November 15th, 2010 at 3:57 pm
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.