Does ARTAS FUE Robot Work with African-American (Very Curly) Hair?February 13th, 2013
Q: I am an African-American man with tight curly hair. Will the FUE robot be able to work on curly hair?
A: Yes, the ARTAS robot for FUE can be adapted for African-American hair when performing follicular unit extraction. We use a punch that is 0.1mm wider in diameter than the instrument used for Caucasians. It allows us to incorporate the slightly larger volume of tissue that results from the curved hair and enables us to accomplish the hair transplant with less in jury to follicles than if a smaller instrument were used.
- How are Recipient Sites Programmed into the ARTAS Robot?
- Will Robotic FUE Reduce the Cost Per Graft for FUE Procedures?
- How Does the ARTAS Robot Avoid Transection of Hair Follicles During Recipient Site Creation?
- Why is Robotic Recipient Site Creation an Advantage?
- How Does the ARTAS Robotic System Make Recipient Sites in a Hair Transplant?
Topic: Robotic FUE
Tags: African-American Hair, ARTAS Robot for FUE, Black Hair, Curly Hair, Dark Hair, Hair Character, Hair Color, Robotics in FUE Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on February 13th, 2013 at 11:01 am
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.