Does Hair Transplant Prevent Hair Loss?July 27th, 2006
Q: How does a hair transplant prevent hair loss?
A: It doesn’t. Surgical hair restoration does just what it says. It restores hair to an area where the hair has been lost (by borrowing it from an area of greater density that is less important cosmetically, such as the back of the scalp).
To prevent, or slow down, further balding one would need to receive treatment with hair loss medication such as finasteride (Propecia).Related Posts:
- Can a Hair Transplant Treat an African-American Woman with Scarring Alopecia?
- How Many Hair Transplants Will I Need?
- Can A Hair Transplant Completely Replace My Lost Hair?
- Can A Hair Transplant Damage Existing Hair Follicles In A Thinning Area?
- How Experienced Are Bernstein Medical Hair Restoration Technicians?
Topic: Hair Transplant
Tags: Hair Loss, Hair Loss Medication, Hair Loss Treatment, Prevent Hair Loss, Propecia (Finasteride), Surgical Hair Restoration Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on July 27th, 2006 at 6:59 am
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.