Cutting Up 5mg Finasteride TabletsJune 2nd, 2010
Q: Hey doc, you told me to cut up 5mg finasteride into four parts. Why not five, so that it will be equal to Propecia which is 1mg?
A: For several reasons:
1) you will lose some of the medication in the cutting process,
2) the generic dose can be slightly less than the brand, and
3) it is too difficult to cut into five parts – four is hard enough.
Note that due to the fact that finasteride stays for a long time in the hair follicle, the pieces do not have to be in four equal parts.Related Posts:
- Is the Dose of Finasteride the Same for Everyone?
- Does Propecia Work in Older Patients?
- Does Propecia Work for Life or Does it Stop Working Over Time?
- Is Propecia and/or Rogaine Mandatory after a Hair Transplant?
- Do Propecia (Finasteride) and Rogaine (Minoxidil) Work on Front of the Scalp?
Topic: Drugs (Medications)
Tags: Hair Follicle, Propecia (Finasteride) Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on June 2nd, 2010 at 8:50 am