Can Scabs Harm Hair Transplant Two Weeks After Procedure?June 4th, 2010
Q: I had a hair transplant about a month ago and I had scabs and some dead skin until day 16 or 17. Will that endanger the growth of the hair restoration procedure?
A: No, it will not. If follicular units were used for the hair transplant, the grafts should be permanent at 10 days. After this time, you can scrub as much as you need to get the scabs off.
Read more about caring for your hair transplant after your surgery.Related Posts:
- If There is Some Bleeding at the Graft Site, Will it Affect Growth?
- Can Pulling Out Transplanted Hair Effect Growth After Hair Transplant?
- How Can I Make a Hair Transplant Less Obvious Post-op?
- Is it Normal to be Shedding Three Months After a Hair Transplant?
- After Hair Transplant, Can I Sleep Normally?
Tags: Follicular Unit, Follicular Unit Grafts, Grafts Permanent Ten Days After Hair Transplant, Hair Restoration, Hair Transplant, Post-op, Scabbing Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on June 4th, 2010 at 9:09 am