Is Hair Transplant Using Body Hair an Option?January 15th, 2009
Q: I have heard of body hair transplants as an option being considered by some patients. Do you think that could be an option for me as my donor area isn’t able to provide the hair that I need?
A: With body hair transplants, the hair quality is poor and there can be a significant amount of scarring where the hair is harvested, so we are not recommending it at this time.Related Posts:
- Can a Hair Transplant Treat an African-American Woman with Scarring Alopecia?
- How Many Hair Transplants Will I Need?
- Can A Hair Transplant Completely Replace My Lost Hair?
- Can A Hair Transplant Damage Existing Hair Follicles In A Thinning Area?
- How Experienced Are Bernstein Medical Hair Restoration Technicians?
Topic: Hair Transplant
Tags: Body Hair Transplant, Donor Area, Donor Scar Posted by Robert M. Bernstein M.D. on January 15th, 2009 at 4:26 am
If you have any questions or comments please contact us.